Karachi, November 13, 2012 (PPI-OT): The Extraordinary General Meeting of Wateen Telecom Limited (WTCL) will be held at Hotel Sunfort, 72-D/1, Liberty Commercial Zone, Gulberg III, Lahore, Pakistan, on Thursday, November 29, 2012, at 11:00 a.m. The Share Transfer Book Closure will be effective from November 22, 2012 to November 29, 2012 (both days inclusive).
Notice of Extraordinary General Meeting
Notice is Hereby Given that the Third Extraordinary General Meeting of Wateen Telecom Limited (the “Company”) will be held at Hotel Sunfort, 72-D/1, Liberty Commercial Zone, Gulberg III, Lahore, on Thursday, November 29, 2012, at 11:00 a.m. to transact the following business:
1. To confirm the minutes of the Second Annual General Meeting of the Company held on February 17, 2012.
2. To elect sewn (7) directors as fixed by the Board of Directors under Section 178 (1) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984, for a period of three years commencing on August 31, 2012.
The names of the retiring directors, who are eligible for re-election:
1. His Highness Nahayan Mabarak Al Nahayan
2. Mr. Zouhair Abdul Khailq
3. Mr. Naeem Zamindar
4. Mr. Adeel Khalid Bajwa
5. Mr. Jinah Hajali
6. Mr. Abid Hasan
7. Mr. Khwaja Ahmad Hussain
3. To transact any other business with the permission of the Chairman.
1. The Share Transfer nooks of the Company will remain closed from November 22, 2012 to November 29, 2012 (both days inclusive).
2. A member who seeks to contest the election to the office of director shall, whether he/she is a retiring director or otherwise, file with the Share Registrar of the Company, THK Associates (Pvt) Limited, 2nd Floor, State Life Building No. 3, Dr. Ziauddin Ahmed Road, Karachi, not later than fourteen days before the date of the meeting at which elections are to be held, the following documents:
a) Notice of his/her intention to offer himself /herself for election as a director in terms of Section 178 (3) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984. He/she should also confirm that:
He/she is not ineligible to become a director of the Company under any applicable laws and regulations (including listing regulations of Pakistan’s Stock Exchanges).
Neither he/she nor his/her spouse is engaged in the business of brokerage or is a sponsor, director or officer of a corporate brokerage house.
He/she is not serving as a director in more than seven listed companies simultaneously. Provided that this limit shall not include the directorships in the listed subsidiaries of a listed holding company.
b) Consent to act as director in Form 28 under Section 184 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984.
3. A member entitled to attend and vote at the Meeting is entitled to appoint another member as a proxy to attend, speak and vote on his/her behalf. A corporation being a member may appoint as its proxy any of its officials or any other person whether a member of the Company or otherwise.
4. An instrument of proxy and a Power of Attorney or other authority (if any) under which it is signed, or notarized copy of such Power of Attorney, in order to be valid, must be deposited at the Share Registrar of the Company. THK Associates (Pvt) Limited, 2nd Floor, State Life Building No. 3, Dr. Ziauddin Ahmed Road, Karachi, Pakistan, not less than 48 hours before the time of the Meeting.
5. Those shareholders, whose share are deposited with Central Depository Company of Pakistan (CDC) are requested to bring their original Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) along with participants I.D number and their account/ sub-account number in CDC to facilitate identification at the time of the Meeting. In case of Proxy, attested copies of proxy’s CNIC or passport, Account and Participant’s I.D number must be deposited along with the Form of Proxy with our Share Registrar.
In case of Proxy for corporate members, the Board of Directors’ Resolution/ Power of Attorney with specimen signature of the nominee shall be produced at the time of the Meeting (unless it has been provided earlier to the Share Registrar).
6. Shareholders are requested to notify change in their address. If any, to our Share Registrar, THK Associates (Pvt) Limited, 2nd Floor, State Life Building No. 3, Dr. Ziauddin Ahmed Road, Karachi, Pakistan.
For more information, contact:
Sajid Farooq Hashmi
Wateen Telecom Limited
4th Floor, New Auriga Centre,
Gulberg II, Lahore, Pakistan
Category: Board Meetings