Srinagar, June 18, 2018 (PPI-OT): In occupied Kashmir, two Kashmiri youth were martyred in a fresh act of Indian state terrorism in Bandipora district, today. The youth were killed in an ongoing massive military operation, launched by the Indian army at Panar in the district, last week.
Indian army claimed that the youth were killed during a gunfight with the troops early in the morning. Indian army’s 14 RR, 22 RR, 52 RR, 18 RR, 28 RR, 27 RR, 31 RR, army’s 3 Para Commandos and special team of Air Force are taking part in the operation, which was, first, launched on June 9.
A police officer confirmed the killing of two youth in the operation. The officer said that six soldiers including Indian army’s 14 RR Commanding Officer (CO) also suffered injuries in the ongoing operation. The operation with the help of additional reinforcements of army’s Para Commandos continued and entered on 10th straight day, today,” the officer said.
Meanwhile, the troops also launched a cordon-and-search-operation (CASO) in Bijbehara area of Islamabad district, today. An official said that the search operation was launched in Waghama village of Bijbehara. He said that the CASO was jointly launched by the army 3 RR and police.
For more information, contact:
Kashmir Media Service
Phone: 92-51-4435548, 4435549