Islamabad, July 08, 2019 (PPI-OT): 6th meeting of the Standing Committee on Information Technology and Telecommunication was held today at 11:00 a.m. in 4th Floor, Committee Room 07 Parliament House, Islamabad under the Chairmanship of Mr. Ali Khan Jadoon. The agenda of the meeting is given as under;-
i) Comprehensive briefing on (IGNITE) National Technology Fund; National Incubator Centers and its progress;
ii) Briefing on the criteria adopted for awarding the contract to a company with regard to the IT Park being constructed in Chak Shahzad, Islamabad. Furthermore, its financial positions, past record etc.
2. The meeting started with recitation from the Holy Quran. Then, the Committee decided to proceed with the agenda.
3. The Committee unanimously confirmed the minutes of its previous meeting held on 27-05-2019.
4. The Additional Secretary, Ministry of Information Technology and Telecommunication briefed the Standing Committee on pervious recommendations and its progress to the Committee in details.
5. The CEO IGNITE, Mr. Yusuf Hussain briefed the Committee regarding ongoing and upcoming programs in IT sector. The purpose of the program is to bring innovation to help masses in Education, Agriculture, Health, and energy. The CEO IGNITE informed the Committee in which the lives of masses can be improved by using artificial intelligence and technology in daily life. Furthermore he discussed various programs that have already started helping the peoples. it discussed the progress of already established National Incubator Centers (NICs) in all provinces and it will also help to creating jobs and contribute the economy of state.
6. He also added that the IGNITE is playing its key role by supporting such innovate ideas in all provinces of the country.
7. Honorable Member of the Committee also inquired about the weak signals of the cellular companies especially in some areas in the Baluchistan and Qallat. In this regard, the Committee directed that the issues regarding weak signal should be improved and ensure un-interrupted network services all over the country.
8. On the issues related to the Cyber Crime, Security and Objectionable material posted on social media, the Committee decided that the representative from FIA, PTA, Cabinet and M/o Interior may be invited in the next meeting for briefing on the above said issues.
9. The agenda on the construction of IT Park being constructed in Chak Shahzad, Islamabad was deferred due to the shortage of time and Committee decided that it will be discussed in the next meeting.
10. The meeting was attended by MNAs Ms. Nusrat Wahid, Ms. Javairia Zafar, Mr. Muhammad Hashim, Mr. Ali Gohar Khan, Romina Khursheed Alam, Ms. Maiza Hameed, Mr. Mahesh Kumar Malani, Ms. Naz Baloch and Syed Mehmood Shah. The meeting was also attended by Minister for IT and senior officers of the Ministry of IT.
For more information, contact:
National Assembly of Pakistan
National Assembly Secretariat,
Islamabad – Pakistan