Islamabad, June 22, 2020 (PPI-OT): Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi says Hindutva agenda of the RSS-BJP combine is deliberately targeting defenceless Kashmiris with unspeakable violence to break their will. He was addressing virtual emergency meeting of the OIC Contact Group with regard to the growing Indian aggression in Occupied Kashmir. The meeting convened at the request of Pakistan was chaired by OIC Secretary General.
The Minister said the current Indian leadership remains bent upon perpetuating India’s illegal occupation of Jammu and Kashmir. He said brute force is being used to crush the Kashmiris’ quest for their fundamental rights, especially the right to self-determination enshrined in the relevant UN Security Council and OIC Resolutions.
For the last 10 months, the Minister said, the Kashmiri people have endured untold suffering from continuous lockdown, military siege, communications blockade, and unprecedented restrictions. These measures were imposed following India’s illegal and unilateral actions of 5 August last year. Shah Mahmood Qureshi said to prevent the world from knowing the Kashmir reality, the occupation forces are suppressing, intimidating and incarcerating Kashmiri male and female journalists.
Pakistan has been consistently sensitizing OIC and the international community about the real Indian intention behind its actions, which is to change the demographic structure of Occupied Kashmir and further disempower and disenfranchise the Kashmiris. He said the latest steps in this direction are the Jammu and Kashmir Reorganization (Adaptation of State Law) Order 2020 and the Jammu and Kashmir Grant of Domicile Certificate (Procedure) Rules 2020.The Minister said it is highly reprehensible that while the world community is grappling with COVID-19 pandemic, India remains busy intensifying its brutalization of the Kashmiri people.
Shah Mahmood Qureshi said India is seeking to cover up the reality of the popular and indigenous struggle of the Kashmiri people, by terming it as “terrorism” and also by blaming Pakistan, raising the familiar bogey of cross-LoC “infiltration.”
As part of this cover up, India has further intensified its violations of the ceasefire along the Line of Control and the Working Boundary. The Minister warned that there is a possibility that in order to divert world’s attention from its state-terrorism and unacceptable actions in Occupied Kashmir, India may resort to “false flag” operation and undertake some other misadventure which could imperil regional peace and security. He said Pakistan does not want another conflict. However, it has the will and capacity to respond forcefully and effectively, and defend itself resolutely against any act of aggression.
For more information, contact:
Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
Government of Pakistan
4th Floor, Cabinet Block, Pak. Secretariat, Islamabad, Pakistan