Islamabad, January 07, 2021 (PPI-OT): 1. 9th meeting of the Standing Committee on Parliamentary Affairs was held in Committee Room No.7, Parliament House, Islamabad under the Chairmanship of Hon. Mujahid Ali, MNA.
2. The Committee strongly condemned the incident of Muchh, Balochistan and terrorists’ attacks on Pak-Army soldiers during recent past and offered Fateha for the departed soles of martyrs and prayed that may Almighty Allah forgive their minor mistakes and rest them in peace.
3. The Committee discussed the pros and cons of the following Bills in detail. The Committee highly appreciated the efforts of the Movers of the following Bills for fetching attention of the Government functionaries towards very important and sensitive issues. The Committee however, recommended that the following Bills may not be passed in haste to avoid overlapping in the existing legislations and to avoid the complication of their implementation as well.
i) The Elections (Amendment) Bill, 2019” (Section 104) moved by Mr. Riaz Fatyana, MNA;
ii) The Election (Amendment) Bill, 2020” (moved by Rai Muhammad Murtaza Iqbal, MNA);
iii) The Elections (Amendment) Bill, 2020 (moved by Zaheer-ud-Din Babar Awan, Advisor to the Prime Minister on Parliamentary Affairs (Government Bill);
iv) The Biometric Electoral Voting Bill, 2020 (moved by Mr. Muhammad Aslam Khan, MNA.
4. The Chairman agreed in principle with the view point of the Committee members and deferred all the above mentioned Bills till its next meeting for in-depth analysis.
5. Earlier, Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Mr. Ali Mohammad Khan gave comprehensive briefing on the proposed legislations and assured the Committee to extend full cooperation of the Ministry to facilitate the working of the Committee. He also assured to provide brief at least three days before the Committee meetings for advance study of the members in order to make them more meaningful.
6. Members/MNA namely Mr. Jawad Hussain, Ms. Rukhsana Naveed, Mst. Shaheen Naz Saifullah, Ms. Zill-e-Huma, Ms. Fouzia Behram, Ch. Mehmood Bashir Virk, Rana Mubashar Iqbal, Mr. Abdul Rehman Khan Kanju, Mr. Mahesh Kumar Malani, Ms. Shams-un-Nisa, Moulana Abdul Akbar Chitrali, Mr. Riaz Fatyana, MNA/Mover, Mr. Muhammad Aslam Khan, MNA/Mover, and representatives of Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs and Election Commission of Pakistan attended the meeting.
For more information, contact:
National Assembly of Pakistan
National Assembly Secretariat,
Islamabad – Pakistan