PFMA with Collaboration of Italian Government inaugurated the Italy-Pakistan Footwear Technological Centre
Lahore, September 30, 2020 (PPI-OT): Pakistan Government and Italian Government through Pakistan Footwear Manufacturers Association have inaugurated the historic project IPFTC (Italy-Pakistan Footwear Technological Centre) at Lahore with the cooperation and support of Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, The Italian Ministry of Economic Development, The Italian Embassy in Islamabad, Italian Trade Commission, Assomac and PISIE.
IPFTC is equipped with a CAD-CAM Pattern Grading / Cutting and a Mechanical Physical Tests Laboratory for footwear. All the machinery and technical assistance for this project has been provided by the Italian Government and from Pakistan side we have provided premises, paid costs of transportation and customs duty.
The inaugural ceremony is graced by Honourable Chief Guests, Mian Muhamma Aslam Iqbal, Punjab Minister of Industries, H.E. Andreas Ferrarese, Italian Ambassador, Dr. Amadeo Scarpa, Italian Trade Commissioner, ITA Dubai, Mr. A. R. Daudpota, Deputy Italian Trade Commissioner, Mr. Mario Pucci, Consultant of IPFTC and Footwear Design Studio and other dignitaries present at the Event.
On this occasion, PFMA chairman Mr. Muhammad Younas shared his views “I’m grateful to Italian Ambassador whose personal efforts has made this project successful and PFMA would always remember the great contribution and efforts of His Excellency Andreas Ferrarese for his great support to Footwear Industry of Pakistan. The IPFTC strengthened Industrial ties between two countries and help Local producer to enhance their productivity to bring it at par with International standards. PFMA will fully utilized this facility for development of Footwear Industry of Pakistan to produce high quality shoes using new technologies to make it major exporting Industry of Pakistan”.
Italian Ambassador H.E. Andreas Ferrarese expresses his viewed through Video message “I’m thankful to PFMA Mr. Muhammad Younas to turning this project into reality. IPFTC state of the art machinery will enable PFMA and its member to tackle every changing need of this industry. This cooperation will strengthen our conventional ties with Pakistan and help Industry to explore better opportunities in each other country”.
Consultant of IPFTC and Footwear design studio Mr. Mario Pucci stated “This facility is the outcome of 4 years of relentless efforts of Both Government to forge strong business ties. IPFTC will offer complete environment for footwear industry to adapt to most advance techniques to develop quality products and enhance their existing skills to meet ever-changing demand of International market. Our cooperation will continue to thrive with more business opportunity”.
IPFTC will be beneficial for Footwear Industry, as it will be used for the following objectives:
1. Develop State of the Art Footwear Designers in Pakistan to enhance its exports.
2. To train local Designers of Footwear by International Expert Designers.
3. To train Local Master Trainer of Footwear who will train the local designers as per need of the Footwear Industry.
4. To Educate and train the local industry about international laboratory standard with hands on experience on latest testing lab equipment.
5. Italian will provide technical trainers who will educate PFMA about know how to operate Italian machinery / equipment.
6. PFMA will engage International Footwear Designers who will conduct Footwear Designing Courses to train a batch of Local Master Trainers. Then Local Master Trainers would train Footwear Designers locally.
7. PFMA will organize 12 Footwear Design courses and 6 Footwear Lab Testing course in a year and will train 270 local designers and Lab Technician. This skilled workforce will be helpful in producing high quality shoes using new technologies and as a result Footwear Exports of the country will be enhanced considerably.
This Mega Project which will be a stepping stone toward betterment of Pakistan Footwear Industry in a long run and help to provide support to Local footwear industry to better equipped themselves with latest techniques and skills of the contemporary industry.
For more information, contact:
Pakistan Footwear Manufacturers Association (PFMA)
6-F Rehman Business Center, 32-B-III, Gulberg III, Lahore, 54660, Pakistan