Karachi: We enclose herewith a copy of the Notice of Extra Ordinary General Meeting to be published in the newspaper for your information and necessary action.
Please note that share transfer books of the Company will remain closed from 23/07/2011 to 30/07/2011 (both days inclusive) for entitlement of participation in Extra Ordinary General Meeting to be held on 30th July, 2011.
Notice of Extra Ordinary General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that an Extra Ordinary General Meeting of Shareholders of Service Industries Limited will be held on Saturday the 30th July, 2011 at 11:00 a.m. at Qasr-e-Noor, 9-E-II, Main Boulevard, Gulberg-III, Opposite UCH, Lahore to transact the following business:
1. To confirm the minutes of the 54th Annual General Meeting held on 30/04/2011.
2. To elect 9 (Nine) Directors of the Company for a period of three years from 31/07/2011 to 30/07/2014 under section 178 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984, The Board of Directors of the Company fixed the number of Directors to be elected at 9 (Nine) in their meeting held on 16/06/2011. The following Directors of the Company shall retire on 30/07/2011 and are eligible for re-election.
1. Mr. Arif Saeed
2. Mr. Omar Saeed
3. Mr. M. Ijaz Butt
4. Mr. Shahid Hussain
5. Mr. Mohammad Akram
6. Mr. Hassan Javed
7. Mr. Ahmad Shahid Hussain
8. Mr. Ahmed Javed
9. Mr. Manzoor Ahmed (Rep. of NIT)
a) To consider and if thought fit, pass the following resolution with or without modification: RESOLVED that the Company be and is hereby authorized to place its quarterly accounts on its website instead of sending the same to the members by post, as allowed by Circular # 19 dated April 14, 2004 of the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan.
RESOLVED FURTHER that Chief Executive Officer or Company Secretary be and are hereby authorized to do all necessary acts, deeds and things in connection herewith and ancillary thereto.
3. To transact any other business with the permission of the Chair.
1. The Share Transfer Books of the company will remain dosed from 23/07/2011 to 30/07/2011 (both days inclusive).
2. Any person who seeks to contest the election of Directors shall file with the Company at its registered office not later than fourteen days before the date of the said meeting his/her intention to offer himself/herself for the election of the Directors in terms of Section 178(3) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984 together with Form-28 (Consent to act as Director) prescribed under the Companies Ordinance, 1984 and a Declaration in terms of clause (ii), (iii)) and (iv) of the Code of Corporate Governance,
3. A member entitled to vote at the meeting my appoint any other member as his/her proxy, Proxies in order to be effective must be received at the registered office of the company duly stamped, signed and witnessed not later than 48 hours before the meeting.
4. Any individual Beneficial Owner of the Central Depository Company, entitled to vote at this meeting must bring his/her National Identity Card with him/her to prove his/her identity, and in case of proxy must enclose an attested copy of his/her National Identity Card. Representatives of corporate members should bring the usual documents required for such purpose.
5. Shareholders are requested to notify the company’s share registrar of any change in their addresses.
Statement U/S 160 (1) (b) of the Companies Ordinance, 1984
This statement sets out the material facts concerning the Special Business, Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan has allowed the listed Companies to place the quarterly Financial statements on their website instead of sending the same to each shareholders by post vide Circular # 19 of 2004.The Company, however, will supply the copies of financial statements to the shareholders on demand at their registered address, free of cost, within one week of receiving such request. The directors of the company have no interest in the above business that need further disclosure.
For more information, contact:
Service Industries Limited
Service House, 2-Main Gulberg
Tel: +9242 5751990-96
Fax: +9242 5710593