Islamabad, June 23, 2013 (PPI-OT): Federal Minister for Interior Ch. Nisar Ali Khan received the 10 dead bodies of the tourists and innocent victims of the trekking expedition, killed in terrorist attack at Nanga Parbat Camp Base yesterday, here at the Air Marshal Nur Khan Air Base in Islamabad/Rawalpindi. The Ambassadors of China and Ukraine and higher officials of Nepalese and Russian Embassies were present to receive the dead bodies.
On the occasion, the Minister conveyed his condolences to the senior dignitaries of the respective embassies and said that the objective behind this attack appeared to tarnish the image of Pakistan and to discourage tourism in Pakistan. He said that so far the identified dead bodies included 2 Chinese nationals, 1 Nepalese, I Chinese American while 6 were unidentified.
The Minister said that a joint investigation team would investigate the matter to bring the perpetrators of this heinous crime to justice. The Minister also informed that the Prime Minister has passed special instructions to facilitate the conveyance of the dead bodies to their native countries and that one Minister would accompany the dead bodies to their destinations.
The Minister also praised the role of the Armed Forces in recovery of the dead bodies.
For more information, contact:
Haji Ahmed Malik
Principal Information Officer
Press Information Department (PID)
Tel: +9251 925 2323 and +9251 925 2324
Fax: +9251 925 2325 and +9251 925 2326